> I have just tried to install ghc-4.08 on a win98 machine and it does not
> work. I write a report below.

Unfortunately the instructions you were following are slightly out of
date. I have now corrected them. You don't need to run ./configure, as the
binary distribution of 4.08 fully installs itself (you only need
./configure when building from source).

Once you've run the InstallShield of 4.08, GHC should be ready for use
(except for setting environment variables such as PATH and TMPDIR; the
instructions for these are still correct).

> SET MAKE_MODE=unix
> SET SHELL=C:\BIN\SH
> SET HOME=C:\USR\LABRA
> SET TMPDIR=C:\TMP
> SET
> PATH=c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin;C:\BIN;C:\USR\LOCAL\BIN;%PATH%

This looks good.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes.