I want to call a Haskell function with string arguments and a string result from VBA
(MS Access).
I already know that the Com-Library of HDirect provides marshallBSTR and
unmarshallBSTR functions, but up to now I didn't manage to get it working. (A
beginner's fault, I suppose.)

What must the function definition of, let's say, a function

  f :: String -> IO String

look like in order to make it callable from VBA within a DLL build with GHC?

(With the former help of Sigbjorn Finne I'm already doing fine with calling Haskell
functions with arguments of "simple" types like Int.)

Thanks in advance! - Christian Lescher