Georg Martius wrote:
Hi,

Patrick and I found some answers to the questions/problems we encountered.
Finally got the thing to work. (patches appended)

Great!

I have a possible fix:
add -odir out/... to the call of ghc -M. This produces correct paths for the .o files.

Ok, this makes sense and, importantly, it also works for older ghc's

use "grep" to filter module A
Problem: the .hi files have still the source path.
Question @Daan: Why do they have to by in out/...? It seams to complicate the thing.
Solution: "sed"
I fixed that in "makefile.lib".

I do not understand what you are saying here. Can you explain in more detail? What is the issue with .hi files?

The files definitely have to go to "out/.." to get everything nicely
separated.

Secondly, maybe ghc should not generate the spurious extra rules?
(and generate exactly what it generated at version 6.2.2). What do
you think Simon?

2. correct import-search path
the make file calls ghc from the wxHaskell-root. Therefore -icurrent/source/path has to be included. I fixed that in "makefile".

This is weird. It works with ghc-6.2.2, so there should not be an
extra include path. All files are referenced by absolute paths everywhere! (that's why I use sed in the first place to process .d files)

3. Package stuff
I included package files in the new style to the configure script.
Problem: the environment variable are not substituted any longer by ghc-pkg ?

Simon?

My hack: let configure sustitude the variable, i.e.
configure:750

wxhlibdir="${libdir}"

Ok.

Thanks a lot for you hard work on this!