David Kirkman wrote:
I ran the testsuite against the current HEAD (as of saturday afternoon)
and had far fewer failures.  Is the last week's work supposed to have
fixed so many test cases?  Or are different machines giving different
results?  The tests that resulted in unexpected failures for greg were
all run on my machine, but many of them worked on my setup.

We have put some work into cleaning up the test failures, currently the x86_64/Linux build (my main dev environment) is at 28 failures, most of which are probably not real bugs.

Unexpected passes:
  barton-mangler-bug(optasm)
  cholewo-eval(optasm,profasm)

these two are susceptible to floating-point differences, I wouldn't worry about them.

Unexpected failures:
  TH_repPatSig(normal)
  barton-mangler-bug(opt)
  conc019(opt)
  conc024(normal)
  conc039(threaded1)
  conc056(threaded1)
  ffi009(ghci)
  ffi016(normal,prof)

the conc and ffi failures are worrying.

  gadt7(normal)
  galois_raytrace(opt,prof)
  maessen_hashtab(normal,opt,optasm,prof,profasm,ghci,threaded1)
  rnfail026(normal)
  signals002(ghci)
  tcfail068(normal)
  tcfail071(normal)
  tcfail090(normal)
  tcfail099(normal)
  tcfail103(normal)
  tcfail115(normal)
  tcfail140(normal)
  tcrun021(normal,opt,optasm,prof,profasm,ghci,threaded1)

these are all known, except for galoiis_raytrace which is probably a floating-point difference.

  utf8_002(normal)
  utf8_003(normal)
  utf8_004(normal)
  utf8_005(normal)

I believe you can make these go away by installing the latest Alex from darcs. It's nothing to worry about, I made a small tweak to Alex that improved the error messages from GHC's lexer.