A full listing of the available flags would be useful too for a hypothetic bash complete mode. I think that's how the bash completion package for darcs does it. And you know, with those three or four words compound flags, with their number rising to .. nearly a hundred?, this would be a very desirable thing to have, much more so than the darcs one.

On the other hand, both --full-flag-help and the bash completion package mode seem like a very trivial hacking task. Any GHC hackers around?
/me hides under a pile of work and other diversions

Cheers
pepe