Simon Marlow wrote:
GHC *developers* wouldn't be any better off either. You'd still need either Cygwin or MSYS for the build environment. There's no way I'm using MS build
tools, ugh.

The way I have it set up (so far) is as simple as running configure and make--all from the command line, under DOS or Mingw, although someone with VS tools may open up the VSproject in the IDE. Would that be o.k.?

I am not particularly enamored with VS, myself but that may be a consequence of having a small monitor for my Windows machine and constantly comparing it to the Xcode/Emacs combination I normally use. The VS debugger *is* very good and helped me pick out some bugs in Yasm quickly--when I only really know how to use gdb.

Cheers,
Pete