Has there been any thought about working with the LLVM project? I didn't find anything on the wiki along those lines.

Thanks,
Deborah

On Aug 26, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Don Stewart wrote:

I think we're all rather excited about seeing this stuff land.
What's the expected timeline, wrt. ghc 6.10's release?

-- Don

t-jodias:
I've added some text and links to point the reader in the right
direction. Here's the new text, cribbed from the Wiki:

Dataflow optimization: We can define a new optimization simply by
defining a lattice of dataflow facts (akin to a specialized logic) and
then writing the dataflow-transfer functions found in compiler
textbooks. Handing these functions to the dataflow engine produces a
new optimization that is not only useful on its own, but that can
easily be composed with other optimizations to create an integrated
"superoptimization" that is strictly more powerful than any sequence
of individual optimizations, no matter how many times they are re- run.
The dataflow engine is based on (Lerner, Grove, and Chambers 2002
http://citeseer.ist.psu.edu/old/lerner01composing.html); you can find
a functional implementation of the dataflow engine presented in
(Ramsey and Dias 2005
http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/pubs/zipcfg-abstract.html).

Let me know how I can further clarify the text,
-j