On Sep 22, 2008, at 13:43 , Christian Maeder wrote:
Matthias Kilian wrote:
2.
/bin/sh: test: argument expected
gmake[1]: *** [binary-dist] Error 1

-e does not work for test under "sh", so I changed it to "-r":
... if [ -r $$FILE ]; then ...

I doubt `-e' doesn't work on Solaris, because `-e' is POSIX. Does
this "argument expected" still appear with your fix to 1.?

It does not work on my system (SunOS 5.10 Generic_137112-07 i86pc):

Solaris's /bin/sh is not POSIX; /usr/xpg4/bin/sh is the POSIX compatible shell.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]