James Swaine wrote:
we tried it exactly as you describe below (twice). after it failed the first time, we deleted everything, redownloaded, and tried again. but i know the process works - i've done it successfully on two other machines (though this is the only red hat machine i've ever attempted this on).

are there any flags i need to pass to enable verbose logging, or does the build process always log everything? also - where do these log files go, and where should i post them?

Do something like this:

(./configure && make) 2>&1 | tee buid-log

Then post your build-log wherever you like, and send us a pointer to it. Or just gzip it and send it to me or Igloo by email.