John Goerzen wrote:
Ahn, Ki Yung wrote:
I don't know the exact reason but this should not fail since I have Debian packaged ghc 6.10.1 and OpenGL-2.2.1.1 on my system.

I think this is because the filename of the OpenGL shared library is /usr/lib/libGL.so.1 rather than libGL.so. This is why we have two

No.  Do not manually create the symlink.  It sounds like you don't have
the -dev packages for OpenGL installed.  You should install them and
then you should be OK.

I do already have the dev package libgl1-mesa-dev installed.

Stunning fact is that in "installed file" section I see from Synaptic package manager shows that I should have /usr/lib/libGL.so installed, but in reality I don't. I even just tried re-installing libgl1-mesa-dev debian package but I still don't get /usr/lib/libGL.so !!!

It's just seems to the bug of libgl1-mesa-dev 7.4-2 packaging. It doesn't seem to make the symbolic link which it claims to make. Duh ...

@ So, for now, I should make the symbolic link myself anyway.