On 24/06/2009 18:30, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
On Jun 24, 2009, at 05:04 , Simon Marlow wrote:
There's one exception: if GHC is forced to use blocking mode on a
particular FD, and you're using the non-threaded RTS, then a large
write using hPutBuf may block all Haskell threads. There doesn't seem
to be much we can do about this, except to use the threaded RTS or
lobby the Linux kernel guys for a better API.

POSIX async IO API? (Although last I checked many distributions built
kernels without it.)

Yes, that would solve the problem, if it was available.