On 25/11/2009 21:20, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
I get this error message, which suggests that the gmp-wrappers file
should be compiled with -fPIC but isn't being:

/usr/bin/ld:
libraries/integer-gmp/dist-install/build/cbits/gmp-wrappers.dyn_o:
relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol `__gmpz_init' can not
be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

This was temporary breakage, fixed a couple of days ago:

http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/cvs-ghc/2009-November/051393.html

I'm not sure why google isn't indexing the cvs-ghc archives, otherwise that would have been an easy one to find.