On 01/11/2010 16:52, Jan Christiansen wrote:

On 01.11.2010, at 10:38, Simon Marlow wrote:

On 28/10/2010 14:21, Bertram Felgenhauer wrote:

Right. The optimization works by producing special thunks for tuple
selectors which the garbage collector can recognize and evaluate
during GC.

However the implementation in GHC is quite brittle. See

I suspect your program is another instance of this behaviour.

Yes, that's exactly what happens.

Thanks very much for the explanation.

It seems to me that this bug is not considered as high priority. Is this
correct? So it is not likely that this will be fixed in one of the next
ghc releases, is it?

It's not really a question of priority, rather that we don't know of a good way to fix it!