Hello,

recent "GHC build times on newer MacBook Pros?" thread makes me wondering if someone already attempted to build GHC on a cluster of machines using for example PVM GNU make[1] for this or any other tool ( or even custom generated bin/ghc-stageX scripts using rsh?) which is suitable for the task. I'm asking since build of GHC HEAD on my ARM/Linux (OMAP4 1GHz) using both cores takes around 7 hours and yet buying another 3 machines might be well in the finance envelope of hobby project and speed the development which usually happens only during weekend's evenings...

Thanks!
Karel

[1]: http://pvmgmake.sourceforge.net/