On 10/02/2012, at 16:03, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> Friends
>
> The page describes an improved implementation of the Typeable class, making
> use of polymorphic kinds. Technically it is straightforward, but it
> represents a non-backward-compatible change to a widely used library, so we
> need to make a plan for the transition.
>
>       http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/GhcKinds/PolyTypeable
>
> Comments?  You can fix typos or add issues directly in the wiki page, or
> discuss by email

IMO, polymorphic kinds are far too experimental at this stage to be used in
such a fundamental library. I also fully agree with Ian's point about other
implementations.

Should there perhaps be a NewTypeable module which could then be renamed into
Typeable once it is sufficiently well established?

Roman