On 26/04/2012 23:32, Johan Tibell wrote:
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Mikhail Glushenkov
<the.dead.shall.r...@gmail.com>  wrote:
Thanks. I'll look into how to optimise .hi loading by more traditional
means, then.

Lennart is working on speeding up the binary package (which I believe
is used to decode the .hi files.) His work might benefit this effort.

We're still using our own Binary library in GHC. There's no good reason for that, unless using the binary package would be a performance regression. (we don't know whether that's the case or not, with the current binary).