Am 10.07.2012 13:06, schrieb Sönke Hahn:
I've attached the code. The code does not make direct use of
unsafePerformIO. It uses QuickCheck, but I don't think, this is a
QuickCheck bug. The used Eq-instance is the one for Float.

The Eq-instance for floats is broken wrt NaN

Prelude> (0/0 :: Float) == 0/0
False

I do not know if you create NaN in your tests, though.

C.

I've only managed to reproduce this bug on 32-bit-linux with ghc-7.4.2
when compiling with -O2.

(The code might seem a bit odd, but this is the most boiled down version
I could come up with. Even removing the "module Main where" line changes
the behaviour.)

Cheers,
Sönke