On 06/17/2014 03:13 AM, Tsuyoshi Ito wrote:
Hello,

Mikhail Vorozhtsov <mikhail.vorozht...@gmail.com> wrote:
I also worry (although not based on anything particular you said)
whether this will not change meaning of any existing programs. Does it
only allow new programs?
As far as I can see, no change in meaning. Some hacky operators and some
hacky identifiers would become illegal. And some nicer ones would become
legal.
I do not have an opinion for or against the proposal, but I just
wanted to point out that the proposal changes the meaning of some
programs, at least in theory.  The following function currently
evaluates to True, but with the proposed change, I think that it will
evaluate to False.

test =
   let a = ()
       b = ()
       a′b = False in
   let c′d = True in
   a′b

Best regards,
Tsuyoshi
Good catch. Indeed, PRIME will no longer be a valid operator.