On Thu, 12 Nov 2020, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:

On Thursday, 12 November 2020 11:49:25 GMT John Winters via GLLUG wrote:
On 12/11/2020 11:44, Chris Bell via GLLUG wrote:

[ about difficulties configuring persistent IPv6 addresses ]

Hi Chris,

I've found that I needed to use two different strategies depending on
whether the initial address is configured statically or picked up
automatically.  If you tell me which you're doing I will dig out my
notes on the relevant approach.

Cheers,
John

I am trying to get both working, with dedicated RaspberryPi boxes normally
sitting in the DMZ but sometimes pre-configured in another network, mainly
dedicated boxes in another network, and mainly random boxes used for general
web access, etc, in another. I am trying to set up a replacement firewall, but
I discovered a few more problems when one of two boxes running Bind9 locally
died a few days ago. It seems that some of the RaspberryPi boxes have changed
the name of their ethernet interface again, and could no longer find the IPv6
gateway.

Adding
  up ip -6 addr add ...
lines to the interface stanza should allow
you to add more static IP addresses.

I'm not using dhcp6, I use SLAAC but the following might prove useful if
you want to go along that route.

  pre-up echo 64 >/proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/accept_ra_rt_info_max_plen

To allow routes other than the default route to be received.

  pre-up ip token set ::201/64 dev $IFACE

To allow you to use something other than the MAC during config