On Sun 2023-04-30 08.53.42, James Dutton wrote:
  Another thing to consider is something called "Object stores".  This is
  where the redundancy is handled at the filesystem or above instead of the
  physical disk.
  It lets you do things like "Store each file on at least 2 different
  physical disks."
  An advantage to "Object stores" is you can easily mix disks of different
  sizes, add new disks, replace faulty ones with ones of different size and
  the "Object store" takes care of the distribution of files.
  btrfs is an example of such an "Object store" filesystem, but there are
  many others.

Wow. Thank you. This sounds _very_ interesting, even for the whole system. How
would I go about converting this setup to a much more flexible BTRFS setup?
(I'll probably have to wait until I have a lot of time at my hands.)

Cheers,

Axel