I agree completely. This is the one that speaks volumes all on three words.

On 05/04/2015 09:08 AM, Josh Boon wrote:
Gluster: Software {re}defined storage

is one I really like. I wouldn't want to eliminate Gluster completely as newcomers would then wonder about the binaries, package names etc. The tagline speaks to that we've taken the time to consider some of the common pitfalls of storage and makes things nicer for the admin involved. Also throwing out acronyms in a name leaves more questions than answers I feel and that's something to avoid even though I proposed the some of the acronyms myself :)

*From: *"Benjamin Turner" <bennytu...@gmail.com>
*To: *"Tom Callaway" <tcall...@redhat.com>
*Cc: *gluster-us...@gluster.org, "Gluster Devel" <gluster-devel@gluster.org>
*Sent: *Friday, May 1, 2015 8:07:55 PM
*Subject: *Re: [Gluster-users] [Gluster-devel] Gluster Slogans Revisited

I liked:

Gluster: Redefine storage.
Gluster: Software-Defined Storage. Redefined
Gluster: RAID G
Gluster: RAISE (redundant array of inexpensive storage equipment)
Gluster: Software {re}defined storage+

And suggested:

Gluster {DS|FS|RAISE|RAIDG}: Software Defined Storage Redefined(some combination of lines 38-42)

My thinking is:

<Our new name GlusterDS/whatever>: <Tagline with excitement>

Gluster * - This is the change gluster fs to gluster ds idea we were discussing this already. Maybe we could even come up with a longer acronym, like RAIDG or RAISE or something more definitive of what we are? I think instead of jsut using Gluster: we come up with the new way to refer to glusterFS and use this as a way to push that as well.

Tagline - Whatever cool saying that get people excited to check out glusterDS/glusterRAIDG/ whatever

So ex:

Gluster RAISE: Software Defined Storage Redifined
Gluster DS: Software defined storage defined your way
Gluster RAIDG: Storage from the ground up

Just my $0.02

-b