[Adding gluster-devel]

On 05/16/2015 11:31 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 06:32:00PM +0200, Niels de Vos wrote:
It seems that many failures of the regression tests (at least for
NetBSD) are caused by failing to reconnect to the slave. Jenkins tries
to keep a control connection open to the slaves, and reconnects when the
connection terminates.

I do not know why the connection is disrupted, but I can see that
Jenkins is not able to resolve the hostname of the slave. For example,
from (well, you have to find the older logs, Jenkins seems to have
automatically reconnected)
http://build.gluster.org/computer/nbslave72.cloud.gluster.org-v2/log :

     java.io.IOException: There was a problem while connecting to
nbslave71.cloud.gluster.org:22
     Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: nbslave71.cloud.gluster.org:
Name or service not known

The error in the console log of the regression test is less helpful, it
only states the disconnection failure:

http://build.gluster.org/job/rackspace-netbsd7-regression-triggered/5408/console

In fact, this looks very much related to these reports:

- https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-19619 duplicate of 18879
- https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-18879

This problem should be fixed in Jenkins 1.524 and newer. Time to upgrade
Jenkins too?

Yes, I have started an upgrade. Please expect a downtime for Jenkins during the upgrade.

I will update once the activity is complete.

Thanks,
Vijay