hi,
I have two questions about the performance of ls in glusterfs,and I know that
the community has noticed the poor performance of ls and made something to
solve the problem,like readdir-ahead.Here are my questions.
1,The preload  (a readdir request not initiated by application, but instead
triggered by readdir-ahead in an attempt to pre-emptively fill the read-ahead
buffer) is in process,a readdir request from application waits for its
completion. In the code, when the preload is in progress,it locks the ctx. For
applications, the readdir-ahead's request processing is synchronous, is it
possible that the preload handles request asynchronously by reducing lock
granularity? In other words, the client fetches the dentries from the
preload,while the preload gets the dentries from the servers.
2, when does it can be a lager buffer,like io-cahce,which cached the data or
dentries read before? As you know, ls is so slow.