regards
Aravinda

On Tuesday 23 August 2016 09:32 PM, Pranith Kumar Karampuri wrote:

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Aravinda <avish...@redhat.com <mailto:avish...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    Today I discussed about the topic with Rajesh, Avra and Kotresh.
    Summary as below

    - Instead of exposing eventsd to external world why not expose a
    Glusterd RPC for gf_event, Since Glusterd already has logic for
    backup volfile server.
    - Gluster Clients to Glusterd using RPC, Glusterd will send
    message to local eventsd.

    Any suggestions for this approach?

If I remember correctly this is something we considered before we finalized on exposing eventsd. I think the reason was that this approach takes two hops which we didn't like in the discussion at the time. Did any other parameter change for reconsidering this approach?
- No extra auth required other than existing glusterd communication
- Backup volfile server for sending message to other glusterd of server if one server is down
- Events traffic is not heavy two hops may be acceptable(?)

    regards
    Aravinda