At 10:34 AM 3/16/2009, Pathiakis, Paul wrote:
I have machine 1 with a /a/foo that is populated.
I have machine 2 with a /a/foo that is not populated.

Shouldn't this configuration take what is on machine 1 and replicate it to machine 2?

no, it shouldn't.
iv you move  /a/foo to /a/tmp
then move the contents of /a/tmp to /a/foo then it will likely replicate.
the files in /a/foo now dont have the extended attributes so gluster doesn't know what to do with them. you can't start replication with pre-existing data. The data has to at some point been put into the gluster filesytem by gluster.

I'm just not seeing activity or replication. Do I need to kick something to get this to work?

I test my replication as follows:
echo `hostname` `date` >> /path/to/gluster/mount/glustercheck
then run that from the other server

tail /path/to/gluster/mount/glustercheck
to make sure they are the same on both machines.

Keith