Automatic failover is supported with Gluster native client. For client mount using NFS as in your case, you'd have to setup DNS round robin to get failover or use solution like ucarp.

Kamal

mike foster wrote:
I was under the impression that by configuring a system as a client
connected to 4 server nodes that if one of the nodes went down the client
would still be able to access the data from some kind of failover to the
other nodes. However I set up a test an failed the server that was listed as
the last connected server from the log file and attempted to access the
exported/mounted filesystem on the client and recieved an "Stale NFS file
handle" error. Also here is some messages from the log file:

cf02: connection to 10.50.14.32:6996 failed (No route to host)
[2010-02-08 11:09:24] W [fuse-bridge.c:722:fuse_attr_cbk] glusterfs-fuse:
88: LOOKUP() / => -1 (Stale NFS file handle)

Is it not possible for a client to have HA to the exported filesystem?