On 28 Sep 2010, at 06:30, Craig Carl wrote:

> The extended attributes on the files will be different between the two
> servers. Depending on the version of rsync you are running it may be
> reporting differences because of the attributes. Can you md5sum on both
> servers a couple of the files rsync is telling you are out-of-sync? If there
> isn't a difference in the md5sum values you are good to go. Otherwise please
> let us know.

When I say they're out of sync I mean that there are files on one but not the
other (both ways around, so both additions and deletions have not happened at
some point) - I'm using cluster/replicate. I'm using gluster purely for
redundancy (images on a web server farm), not space or performance, and only
have a very small volume of data. I could quite reasonably delete everything
from the trailing node and copy back from the one that's ok.

The main thing I'm not clear on is what (if any) data gluster stores apart from
what's in the backing store, i.e. is it safe to stop servers, copy content
around then restart them and expect them to be ok? Is there some secret data
stash that will get confused if I do that?

Marcus