Bernard Li wrote:
Hi Shehjar:

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM, Shehjar Tikoo <shehj...@gluster.com> wrote:

Thats not recommended but I can see why this is needed. The simplest way to
run the nfs server for the two replicas is to simply copy over the nfs
volume file from the current nfs server. It will work right away. The volume
file below will not.

Thanks, that worked.  I copied /etc/glusterd/nfs/nfs-server.vol to the
other server, started glusterfsd and I could mount the volume via NFS
on a client.

Performance will also drop because now both your replicas are another
network hop away. I guess the ideal situation would be to allow gnfs to run
even when there is already a server running. Its on the ToDo list.

That would be good.  However, would it also be possible for this other
server to join as a non-contributing peer (i.e. it's not sharing its
disk) but act only as the NFS server?  This way I don't need to copy
over the volume file manually and leave it to glusterd to set
everything up.  Would be a nice stop-gap workaround until you guys can
implement the above mentioned feature.

"non-contributing peer".....I like the sound of that. ;-)

I think we'll be better of with a quick fix to the port problem. Let me see what I can do.

-Shehjar

Cheers,

Bernard