On 2011-07-07 16:11, Joe Landman wrote:

This is very dependent upon the IO patterns, driver, switch, port contention, ...

We do see 900+ Mb/s (it makes more sense to talk about this in terms of MB/s). Best case you will see over a 1 GbE wire is about 117 MB/s +/- some. To get there, you need to be doing large enough writes/reads for it to be meaningful, not suffer port contention, and a few other things.

It's double of mine...

This is a complex and hard question to answer, and it involves a deep investigation of your system, the IO patterns, etc.

As you can see, the servers can write their underlayer storage fast enough.
But I'm not sure what can be do around the network stack. I'm also not a network expert:)

I'm also don't know, what and show cache settings can be used well. Is there a pointer about them? The tuning wiki page only a list of settings.
A guide for beginners would be very useful:)

Thank you,

tamas