I wrote about this issue a few weeks ago, but its started happening again.

To summarize, when I try to rebalance a volume I get a strange combination of messages:

$ sudo gluster volume rebalance west start
starting rebalance on volume west has been unsuccessful
$ sudo gluster volume rebalance west status
rebalance not started
$ sudo gluster volume rebalance west stop
stopped rebalance process of volume west
(after rebalancing 0 files totaling 0 bytes)
$ sudo gluster volume rebalance west start
Rebalance on west is already started
$ sudo gluster volume rebalance west status
rebalance stopped

And no rebalancing actually occurs.

This seems to be intermittent, in that I was able to balance this volume previously. However no amount of uninstalling/reinstalling gluster, stopping/starting the volume, rebooting the machine will cause the issue to go away.

I've just upgraded to Gluster 3.2.6 which did not help.

Any ideas? Thanks so much,

- brian