Thanks, David:

That's fine. If it's just a version-mismatch I can accept that. I'm sure that
the developers at Mageia are working on catching-up in Mageia, Version 2. I
just figured that, if it were a version-mismatch, I'd see something to that
effect in the servers' log files. That's all.

Eric Pretorious
Truckee, CA

>________________________________

            client (glusterfs-client-3.0.0-2.mga1):
>>      * This will allow me to file a bug report with the package maintainer
>> (if necessary).
>>      * I already know that the systems that have Gluster 3.2.6 from source
>> [i.e., the storage nodes] are able to mount the volume.
>>      * I'd rather keep my daily-driver (i.e., the host system) 100% Mageia.
>>Eric Pretorious
>>Truckee, CA
>>

>>>________________________________

                    it works then. I don't think anyone expects 3.2 and
                    3.0 to work correctly.

>>>On 5/5/12 12:09 PM, Eric wrote:
>>>Thanks, David:

                                    different versions of Gluster? Why
                                    not just use the 3.2.6 version for
                                    everything? Also, I'm not sure where
                                    port 6996 comes from - Gluster uses
                                    24007 for it's core communications
                                    and ports above that for individual
                                    bricks.

                                          storage cluster on a pair of
                                          CentOS 5.7 (i386) VM's. The
                                          nodes are using Gluster 3.2.6
                                          (from source) and the host is
                                          using Gluster 3.0.0 (from the
                                          Mageia package repositories):

                                            May  3 2012 15:53:02

                                            /sbin/modprobe fuse

                                            /sbin/lsmod | grep fuse
                                             49237  0

                                            -t glusterfs node1:/mirror-1
                                            /mnt

                                            gluster /etc/mtab
                                            /mnt fuse

rw,allow_other,default_permissions,max_read=131072
                                            0 0

                                            [glusterfsd.c:424:_get_specfp]
                                            glusterfs: loading volume
                                            file /tmp/glusterfs.vol
                                            3.0.0 built on Apr 10 2011
                                            19:12:54
                                            19:09:09
                                            --debug -f
                                            /tmp/glusterfs.vol /mnt
                                            localhost.localdomain
                                            2.6.38.8-desktop586-10.mga

                                            tcp
                                            node1.example.com
                                            remote-subvolume mirror-1
                                            [glusterfsd.c:1335:main]
                                            glusterfs: running in pid
                                            30159
                                            [client-protocol.c:6581:init]
                                            mirror-1: defaulting
                                            frame-timeout to 30mins
                                            [client-protocol.c:6592:init]
                                            mirror-1: defaulting
                                            ping-timeout to 42
                                            [transport.c:145:transport_load]
                                            transport: attempt to load
                                            file

/usr/lib/glusterfs/3.0.0/transport/socket.so
                                            [transport.c:145:transport_load]
                                            transport: attempt to load
                                            file

/usr/lib/glusterfs/3.0.0/transport/socket.so
                                            [client-protocol.c:7005:notify]
                                            mirror-1: got
                                            GF_EVENT_PARENT_UP,
                                            attempting connect on