Also noticed your logs and found that the issue came up because you were
trying to run the mount command with 'gluster' as the mountpoint (Note
the relative path). If you had provided the absolute path to mount -t
glusterfs, it would have not failed in first try.

Hi Amar,
That's interesting. I've never noticed any other filesystems which
require the full path to the mount-point to succeed. Is this a bug?

We will treat it as a bug (but with low priority right now). You can expect it be fixed by ~3.3.1 (as a minor release to 3.3.0 branch)

Thanks for your help so far,

No problem :-)

Regards,
Amar