Your gluster brick must be a directory, not a block device. The filesystem that directory is located on must supported xattr.

David

On 7/19/12 1:16 PM, Sallee, Stephen (Jake) wrote:

I am new to gluster so please be a bit patient with me.

I am trying to setup a gluster volume with the bricks being /dev/sdb1 (or /dev/sdb, I have tried both) ... etc. however I get an error message and the operation fails. I do not have the error message (sorry!) the only brick I have available for testing is tied up at the moment so I cant rerun the test to get the exact error. If I can I will post it later.

However if I mount the partition I am able to create the volume no problem. I have read the admin guide several times but cannot find any reference to using a block device only a mounted device.

Is it even possible, or am I crazy for even trying?

Jake Sallee

Godfather of Bandwidth

System Engineer

University of Mary Hardin-Baylor