From: Bharata B Rao [mailto:bharata....@gmail.com]
Sent: 03 September 2012 06:54
To: Fernando Frediani (Qube)
Cc: gluster-users@gluster.org
Subject: Re: [Gluster-users] QEMU-GlusterFS native integration demo video

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:04 PM, Fernando Frediani (Qube)
<fernando.fredi...@qubenet.net> wrote:
> Thanks for sharing it with us Bharata.
>
> I saw you have two nodes. Have you done any performance tests and if so how
> they compare with creating normal .qcow2 or .raw files on the filesystem,
> specially for the writes ?

Fernando,

In the video I was using a single node system (local brick). However I have
tested QEMU-GlusterFS with 2 node scenario too.

I have some performance numbers that compare the QEMU-GlusterFS native
integration with QEMU-GlusterFS FUSE mount. Were you looking for anything
different ?

I don't have numbers for qcow2 or for create, but have numbers for reads for
raw files.

FIO numbers for read can be found here:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2012-07/msg02718.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gluster-devel/2012-08/msg00063.html

I am planning to publish more numbers for other scenarios (qcow2 and writes
etc) in future.

Regards,
Bharata.