Am 27.09.2012 06:39, schrieb Geoff Nordli:
On 12-09-26 03:56 PM, Washer, Bryan wrote:

Steve,

If you are going to grow to that size...then you should make a larger test system. I run a 6x2 Distributed Replicated setup and I maintain 400-575MB/s write speeds and 780-800MB/s read speeds. I would share with you my settings but I have my system tuned for 100MB - 2 GB files. To give you an idea....I roll roughly 4 TB of data every night writing new data in and deleting out old data.

Many people try to take the minimum setup to test gluster when you don't really start seeing the benefits of gluster until you start to scale it both in number of clients as well as number of bricks.

Just thought I would share my experiences.

Hi Bryan.

If you have setting/recommendations for tuning for 100MB-2GB sized files, then I would be interested in them.

This is the exact type of system we are looking at putting together.

thanks,

Geoff

Hello Bryan,

same file size scenario here with a 220TB gluster fs. I would also be interested in these tuning options.

Thanks and Regards
Heiko