hi All,

What is the status currently accessing a gluster volume from Windows?

I found this irclog entry:

http://irclog.perlgeek.de/gluster/2013-02-07

18:52
johnmark
we've been developing libgfapi, and we'll do some SAMBA VFS integration with
the API

18:52
but that will be in 3.5, which might be out by the end of this year

Can we expect significant speed improvements?

What are the best samba settings for exporting a volume by cifs?

We currently use this smb.conf, but the performance is rather poor, about half or less of the fuse client an much.
Re-exporting NFS mount is totally disaster.

[global]
    socket options =  IPTOS_THROUGHPUT TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
SO_SNDBUF=131072 SO_RCVBUF=131072
    read raw = yes
    server string = %h
    write raw = yes
    #oplocks = yes
    max xmit = 131072
    dead time = 15
    getwd cache = yes
    use sendfile=yes
    block size = 131072
    load printers = no
    aio write size = 16384
    #aio write size = 262144
    aio write behind = /*.*/
    #write cache size = 262144
    wins support = no
    local master = no
    wins server = 192.168.3.7
    veto files = /.AppleDouble/
    delete veto files = yes
    hide dot files = yes
    printing = BSD

[projects]
        path = /W/Projects
        browseable = yes
        public = yes
        guest ok = yes
        read only = no
        force user = user
        force group = user

When we want to use some non-conventional sw, like Adobe Premiere, Photoshop...etc, a more strict config is necessary with even less speed.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,
tamas