Am 08.12.2015 um 07:57 schrieb Krutika Dhananjay:

    quick-read=off
    read-ahead=off
    io-cache=off
    stat-prefetch=off
    eager-lock=enable
    remote-dio=enable
    quorum-type=auto
    server-quorum-type=server

Perfectly put. I am one of the devs who work on replicate module. You can alternatively enable this configuration in one shot using the following command for VM workloads:
# gluster volume set <VOLNAME> group virt

The RedHat guide <https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Storage/2.0/html/Quick_Start_Guide/chap-Quick_Start_Guide-Virtual_Preparation.html> states:

After the volume is tagged using |group virt| command, you must not use the volume for any other storage purpose, other than to store virtual machine images. Also, ensure to access the volume only through gluster native client.

Okay, I'll give it a try.
I've created a new volume, set the options mentioned above, accessing it via native GlusterFS (using 127.0.0.1 address) and moved some non-critical VMs to that storage.
We'll see it that works fine... :-)

Udo