Hey Mike

Hacking (or cracking actually) someone's account by attacking Google's
custom Linux web servers would probably be futile as the actual information
is spread over thousands of different systems all over the world.
One would also have to be highly skilled to find a vulnerability (if one
even exists), and avoid detection. I somehow doubt that somebody asking "Is
it OK if I try to hack my OWN gmail account?" would have the requisite
skills.

The more likely scenario is infecting a user's PC with a keystroke
logging<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keystroke_logging>Trojan via a
malicious website. That is hardly hacking/cracking though.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Michael Methot <majjm1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Heh, this gave me a nice little fit of the giggles. Thanks for that mate,
> was having a rather bleak afternoon.
>
> I am actually rather interested in knowing exactly what he wanted to try
> now though.
> On Jun 17, 2013 1:32 PM, "Kenneth Ayers" <justkenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I guess he thinks it's ok if he's breaking into his own account.  Maybe
>> he's going to try to guess the answers to his own security questions or
>> something.  :)
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Michael Methot <majjm1...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> No, it is not legal. You would be using malicious code to access a
>>> server you do not own. It would violate not only Googles own terms of
>>> service, but several laws as well.
>>>
>>> Cheerios

>>>  --
>>>

>>  --