+1 to this too...

I would really like to create an "application shortcut" for each one of my
specific gmail accounts so that I can keep things in order.

   - Having gmail in a tab on my browser gets in the way
   - I would like to have a new window, specific to gmail, with a specific
   icon for the account I'm trying to access.
   - I think most of the pieces are here (application specific shortcuts
   work great) but I now need a way to point the shortcut directly to an
   account.

Jay