I'm somewhat confused here. The only 8-digit codes I know of for Google
accounts are the backup codes for 2-step authentication which seems to be
what you are using since you mention the Authenticator app. I've never used
it but it seems that one can use it for multiple accounts, not just tied to
one.

Perhaps you can send us a screen clip of the page that's asking for the
code.

Please do use a sensible subject line when you post here.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Gus <fergusflana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Scenario:
> I am currently abroad and want to use my secondary (other) gmail account
> with a product called Calibre (this allows me to convert ebooks which it
> will then email to my Kindle and a Kindle friendly fomat).
>
> When I try to sign into my secondary account after logging in with the
> correct details I am taken to a verification screen (requesting an 8 digit
> code).
>
> This then requires me to either use my UK sim to pick up a verification
> sms
> or
> An app called Google Settings to access the verification google sends.
>
> Hence the problem as I'm not using my UK sim for obvious reasons and my
> android phone is tied to my primary gmail account therefore I can't access
> verification codes sent relative to my secondary account. So Google what do
> you expect people to do who are travelling abroad without their local sim
> and who are trying to login to a second gmail account. I even have an app
> called Google Authenticator but again (this provides a shorter 6 digit
> code) this is tied to my primary gmail account.
>
> I seem to have run out of options
>
> --

Marko