On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 2:40 AM, bill hansen <billhansen2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Marko - Thanks fro your note. I used to be able to do all that directly,
> but now I need to go through an extra step, which I thought was requiring
> me to upload pics to Drive. See my Reply to Kenneth

​Can you explain what you mean by 'directly', and what happens/what error
you receive? I am able to drag & drop or copy & paste images into the
compose window without needing to click the Insert Photo button.

Regardless of which method you choose, the photos will upload from your
computer to the Gmail system.​ Upload ≠ Drive.
--
Marko