Hi all,

Within the last couple of days, Gmail decided that I want every message
translated into French.  (I speak primarily English.)  I think this
happened when I received a message that had two lines in French that I
couldn't handle myself (it's been years...).  So I went to the pull-down
menu and tried "Translate message".  But it failed to auto-detect the
language, so I manually selected French to English.  Even then it didn't
recognize the French lines.  (This has worked in the past, where it could
spot lines or even just words within a message otherwise written in
English.)  So I had to go to the Internet for a translation.

Ever since, Gmail wants to (i.e., offers to) translate all my messages from
English into French!

Why?  How do I make it stop?

I checked both my Gmail settings and Google account settings and they both
still think my preferred language is English (US).

Any ideas?  It's a minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Thanks,
Andy