ni...@lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:

  The point, as I understand it, is to collect various problems where the
  fixes imply interface changes, and which hence are not going to happen
  in any release currently planned. So we don't forget them, if/when we
  ever to planning a release which is going to break compatibility with
  earlier versions.

Indeed.

I started a page: http://gmplib.org/devel/incompatibility.html

We might want to classify incompatibilities as source, binary, and both.

I have not listed obsolete functions.  The cost of retaining obsolete
function compatibility is very low; the temptation to remove such
compatibility for the sake of purity should perhaps be resisted.

Please send updates to me or to the list.

--
Torbjörn