On Sun, 5 Jan 2014, bodr...@mail.dm.unipi.it wrote:

Ciao,

Il Dom, 5 Gennaio 2014 5:06 pm, Torbjorn Granlund ha scritto:
bodr...@mail.dm.unipi.it writes:

 > Indeed.  I pushed a fix.

  Any comment about marking them also with __GMP_NOTHROW ?

Perhaps that too.  I suppose __GMP_ATTRIBUTE_PURE should really be the
stronger ATTRIBUTE_CONST, except that we don't yet have any name space
clean way of doing that for gmp.h.

But we have it in gmp-impl.h, I pushed this change.

Are there compilers that have the attribute pure and not the attribute const?
In case, should we use pure as a fallback? With something like this patch?

From the doc, it seems that gcc had attribute const in 2.5 and pure in
2.9x, so I am not sure why we go through all this trouble for const (autoconf, etc), I would just define __GMP_ATTRIBUTE_CONST in gmp-h.in next to __GMP_ATTRIBUTE_PURE and use it also for the itch functions in that file.

--
Marc Glisse