Ciao,

Il 2020-03-26 01:06 Seth Troisi ha scritto:
Marco was interested in what using dynamically allocating primes would
look like.
I've attached a couple of screenshots.

I'd like to understand the reason why the line "dynamic" is 5-10% lower than the other lines in the range above 27...

I think a good balance would be to add 70 primes and increase
SMALL_LIMIT to 1,000,000

Adding back the primes we just removed, because they are useful again!

We would need a new constant to differentiate
if (nbits / 2 < NUMBER_OF_PRIMES)
  and
ASSERT (i < NUMBER_OF_PRIMES);

Yes. The first is a threshold to switch from a method to another. Should it be tuned on different CPUs?
NUMBER_OF_PRIMES is the hard limit for that threshold.

Ĝis,