> On 25 May 2018, at 16:26, Quentin Goestchel <quentin.goestc...@ens-cachan.fr>
> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir or Madam,
>
> I would like to thank you for the great work which has been done to develop
> the open-source Gmsh software.
> I am currently working on a 3D numerical method and I think I have found a
> bug in the 3D meshing algorithm. I was trying to generate a transfinite bulk
> in a mesh (to have a constant orthogonality of the elements), and an
> unstructured layer around it, as shown in the enclosed
> "sphereTransfinite.png".

This is "normal" the (non-recombined) 3D transfinite algorithm does not try to
enforce the compatibility between the volume and surface meshes. It's actually
impossible without modifying the 2D mesh a posteriori in some configuration
(since we also generate the 2D mesh first). You should specify the corners of
the transfinite interpolation in the right order to have the match.

PS: Using Extrusion instead of Transfinite, Gmsh will try to perform the
modifications automatically.

> Everything was going fine until I noticed a big error on my discretized
> spherical surface, computed with the sum of the areas of the boundary faces.
> I found out that my code was unable to find the neighbours of many
> tetrahedrons around the bulk mesh because many faces were not matching but
> crossing each other edges, as shown in sphereTransfinite_err.png .
> I didn't find any topics about such problem so I assume that you didn't know
> about it, but I might be wrong.
> Best regards,
> --
> Quentin Goestchel  | Etudiant - Année ARPE
> Département Génie Civil
> +33(0)6 83 75 57 53 <tel:+33683755753>  |
> quentin.goestc...@ens-paris-saclay.fr <mailto:prenom....@ens-paris-saclay.fr>
> ENS Cachan - 61 avenue du Président Wilson 94235 Cachan CEDEX
> <geo://?q=61+Avenue+du+Pr%C3%A9sident+Wilson+Cachan+France>
> www.ens-paris-saclay.fr <http://www.ens-paris-saclay.fr/>
> <imblgnlknopffhfn.png>
> <http://www.ens-paris-saclay.fr/><sphereTransfinite.png><sphereTransfinite_err.png><sphereTransfinite.geo>_______________________________________________
> gmsh mailing list