> On 27 Mar 2019, at 20:02, Johannes_ACKVA <johannes.ac...@code-aster.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Christoph,
>
> """
> We could also add an option to "force" MED meshes to be loaded in the
> same model, whatever the name. Would that be useful?
> """
>
> that would be VERY useful. Thank you when doing it!

The latest development build has a new option "Mesh.MedSingleModel" which will
do just that.

2 notes:

- Gmsh uses the MED "family" id to define Gmsh entities; so if identical
families exist in several files, the elements will be stored in a single
geometrical entity
- No effort is made to make mesh nodes/elements unique (it they exist in more
than 1 file) ; if you want to remove duplicates, you need to perform the
operation explicitly afterwards (e.g. Coherence Mesh in a .geo file, or
removeDuplicateNodes() in the api.)

Christophe