> On 13 Apr 2020, at 18:34, Maurice Rohracker <mau.rohrac...@fau.de> wrote:
>
> Dear GMSH developer,
>
> I prepared some .geo-file where I want to mesh a box with spherical
> inclusions, which we need for some RVE and homogenization modelling. The mesh
> should be fully hexahedral. Right now, the shape of the hexahedrons is not
> very in that way in which we would like to have them (see in the attached
> picture). Our goal would be, having more cubed like hexahedrons.
>
> The .geo-file adds spherical inclusions into the box by adding the centre and
> the radius of the inclusions to the list of bubbles in the beginning. Later
> on, we would not just have only one or two inclusions, but for a small test
> example, this should be enough.
>
> Is there a good way to set the mesh configuration parameters such that the
> mesh has more general shaped hexahedrons, like cubs.
>
> How about the parameter "Mesh.Recombine3D = 1", because in the documentation
> it's mentioned as experimental; should one use it, if one would like to have
> a fully hexahedral mesh, as we prefer to.

Automatic high-quality full-hex mesh generation is an open problem: see
https://www.hextreme.eu/publications/ for some advances by people contributing
to Gmsh.

(Mesh.Recombine3D is currently not functional anymore - you can it a try with
Gmsh 3. A new version based on new developments will eventually be merged in
Gmsh. Hopefully we'll see something by the end of the year.)

Christophe

> Thank you very much for your reply in advance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Maurice Rohracker
> Master Student Computational Engineering
> FAU
> Erlangen-Nuremberg<mesh_result.png><RVE_with_spherical_inclusions.geo>_______________________________________________
> gmsh mailing list
> gmsh@onelab.info