> On 4 Jun 2020, at 11:10, Emma Stubbs <stbemm...@myuct.ac.za> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am installing joint forces, which utilizes GMSH, and the installation seems
> to just be paused here:
>
> Building wheels for collected packages: gmsh-sdk, dill, roipoly
>   Building wheel for gmsh-sdk (setup.py) … |
>
> Do you have any idea as to why it is pausing at this stage and what can be
> done to rectify?

We have anecdotal evidence that it might be related to a firewall issue
preventing in some cases the download to finish.

Can you try the pypi package "gmsh" instead of "gmsh-sdk"? The "gmsh" package
will eventually replace "gmsh-sdk", and uses https instead of http for the
download.

Christophe

> Kindest,
> Emma
> Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This email is subject to UCT policies
> and email disclaimer published on our website at
> http://www.uct.ac.za/main/email-disclaimer or obtainable from +27 21 650
> 9111. If this email is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the
> sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse
> via https://csirt.uct.ac.za/page/report-an-incident.php.

—
Prof. Christophe Geuzaine