I have a simple question; is the .top file a formatted file?
I am trying to put in some RB dihedral parameters in the file for an unnatural acid. My question is; does the exact spacing of the lines matter? For example, if c0, c1, c2, c3, and c4 are the coefficients for some dihedral combination 1 2 3 and 4, and if W X Y Z are the values of the parameters which I have to plug in, then:

c0 c1 c2 c4

1 2 3 4 W X Y Z

Is this format regarded by GROMACS in the same way as, say,

c0 c1 c2 c4

1 2 3 4    W         X            Y            Z

That is, does the specific spacing matter for the .top file?
Thanks very much
Ashutosh Jogalekar
Emory University